Join site | Forgot

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

buddy sings Nobody\'s Fault But Mine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Only videos uploaded through the Open Mic Uploader will be allowed.
  • Page:

TOPIC: buddy sings Nobody\'s Fault But Mine

buddy sings Nobody\'s Fault But Mine 6 years, 7 months ago #808

• buddy
  • Senior Boarder

Here is a blues rendition of Nobody's Fault But Mine. Really had to slow the heart rate down to catch the groove of this tune. I added a little slide guitar to spice it up as well. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by buddy.

Re: buddy sings Nobody\'s Fault But Mine 6 years, 7 months ago #811

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Buddy,
Great to see you use the site in this way keep them songs coming.

So the cool thing about this song is that it is all about inflections in tone coloring. Really not too much of a challenge range wise I suspect? You're mostly in chest and just a little bit of mix. I liked the long sustaining tone close to the end of the song very cool..

I hope you're checking out the last 2 lessons in the advance voice course which are step 64 and step 65... Both lessons talk about techniques for varying the melody line. Such things as coloring the tone in various different ways by the use of stylistic tools such as vibrato, tone color, dynamic contrast, inflection, and ornamentation. These are the type of things you can do without changing the melody line note wise.

A song like this that doesn't have much of a challenge in range is all about the usage of such stylistic tools. Might be fun if you're willing to do it to again but maybe purposely bringing in some of the techniques from the lesson 64 and 65.

Now don't get me wrong I always go out of my way to point out too much of that kind of stuff is too much so I am not asking you to go crazy and completely change what you've done with your song here.

Still maybe just a little change in the melody line here and a little difference in volume for contrast their in a very subtle way would be how you could possibly raise the bar to this performance from your current performance. These are the kinds of things I always ask of singers when I'm working with them in the recording studio.. It's more of a way of just getting creative juices flowing and applying more ideas and then keeping what sticks.

But overall Buddy I think this was a good performance you're right you really had to decrease the heart rate to feel the groove at that slow temple but you did it and I did like the additional slide guitar work as well.

Keep Singing,
TVJim
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by TVJim.

Re: buddy sings Nobody\'s Fault But Mine 6 years, 7 months ago #813

• buddy
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Jim,

Thanks as always for the feedback and the great site. I will give your suggestions a go and try to add some of the techniques in those two lessons. Thanks for all you do, Bud
The following user(s) said Thank You: TVJim

Re: buddy sings Nobody\'s Fault But Mine 6 years, 7 months ago #814

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
I have no doubt there is Definitely information in those 2 lessons that can add to your overall performance.. Not sure if you feel like it or not? I would love to see you post another video of the same song after thinking about some of the suggestions in lesson 64 and 65. Obviously, not absolutely necessary just seems like it would be fun to see some subtle differences in how you went about choosing those differences.

Either way rather you post or not I'm sure you'll have fun thinking about those stylistic elements applied to this song or any other song for that matter.

Keep singing,
TV Jim
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by TVJim.
  • Page: