Join site | Forgot

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Lesson Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lesson Question

Lesson Question 9 years, 2 months ago #239

• rickspick
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
I'm trying to do atleast 1 lesson per day ( lesson prescription in Beginners not free )
Which audio should I be using to siren down my range?

Thanks Rick

Re: Lesson Question 9 years, 2 months ago #240

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Rick,
I use many different sounds When it comes to sirens depending upon if I'm accessing head voice, chest voice or moving a person up in the mix, different sounds for different reasons. With that said if you're coming from head voice on down through your mix into your chest voice use the "ay" sound. I will have some very specific things to do with sirens in the intermediate course which I am working on and getting ready and it will be ready very to be released on the site soon.

I'm assuming but you've also watched the fly on the wall video that I did with Neil if you haven't watched that please do because that i addressed This topic as well.

Keep singing,
TV Jim

Re: Lesson Question 9 years, 2 months ago #241

• rickspick
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply Jim
Yes I found Neils siren part, its the only place I could find an example, but no reference to an audio file
I was using the same sound as Neil but will give the "ay" a go
should I use the 54321 pattern or 1 octave, ? do I need one of these scales or ?? maybe ILL watch Neil again see if I missed that info
Thanks
Rick

Re: Lesson Question 9 years, 2 months ago #242

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
So I'm really looking forward to getting the intermediate course up online soon which will be better examples and demonstrations on video for you. Basically, when you're doing sirens you really don't need a piano exercise, just make a sound and siren up and down through your range the "Ooo" sound is also a good one to use in head voice. The cool thing about the sirens is that you don't really need a piano exercise, meaning you can do these at any time any place. As far as what pitches to siren to, a half scale like the 5 note pattern or a full octave like a major scale from C to C. But again there is no one pitch that's really necessary. Just getting your vocal cords to stay connected as you vocalize up and down through your range. I hope that helps?

Keep singing,
TV Jim

Re: Lesson Question 9 years, 2 months ago #243

• rickspick
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Jim
Much clearer now

Rick
  • Page: