Join site | Forgot

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Backing Tracks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Backing Tracks

Backing Tracks 7 years, 5 months ago #271

• lueders
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Jim,

It occurred to me that if backing tracks (without vocals) were provided
(in some of the song-based lessons) participation would likely increase. I think
that backing tracks provides a little more security psychologically for someone trying to upload a vid for
the first time. A nice chordal wash of sound, giving a person something to target the melody helps.
These tracks wouldn't have to have all the bells and whistles either.Just the basic
guitar/piano chord progression. Take for instance, "Wake Up Little Suzie"If an instrumental track of the
song were available for recording purposes it would be awesome.(Afterall, the guitar accompaniment was
already provided & demoed in the lesson.) I certainly don't think every nuance of
say: Jimmy Page's guitar solo on "Immigrant Song" would be necessary at all.

The piano/keyboard tunes that currently overlap with Totally Keyboards would work out great!
The best part is, I think it might be a moneymaker for the site, actually! $$ I think you could charge an
additional fee for the backing tracks. The Karaoke type sites that specialize in backing tracks charge
quite a bit for those tracks. And that gets $$ costly, right quick to purchase very many of those. Playing
an instrument and singing at the same time has its own set of challenges. A person is left with the choice
of purchasing an aforementioned, karaoke track, trying to accompany themselves on an instrument they likely
also struggle with, or singing acapella. Beginners like me are reluctant to sing acapella...I can tell you
that.lol!

Perhaps, there might even be one of the more reputable, backing-track outfits that TV could come to some
sort of mutually beneficial business arrangement with...

DISCLAIMER:But, I dunno...
I realize the extraordinary time an energy it would take to put this all together, or perhaps
licensing issues would put the kibosh on it.

Thanks,

Cori
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by lueders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TVJim

Re: Backing Tracks 7 years, 5 months ago #272

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Cori,
I'm right there with you…I absolutely believe you are correct but there are some issues in that direction and the powers that be above me are working on resolving them. One way or another we will be able to either direct you towards the correct tracks or offer them ourselves. You may have noticed that on some lessons there are portions of backing tracks following the phrases that are being addressed. I agree with you and I know this could be a great aid. Also, totally keyboard tracks is another great idea thank you, maybe in the future you'll see a little of all mentioned depending upon the lesson and the song.
Keep singing,
TV Jim

Re: Backing Tracks 7 years, 5 months ago #274

• lueders
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Jim,

Thanks for the reply, Sir.I almost didn't post that because I didn't want to sound like some know-it-all or
someone who was ungrateful.Because I believe this site has the potential to help me and so many others who
can't sing a lick! LOL! So I guess, I am saying I am glad it was taken in the spirit it was intended.
I'm happy the Totally Keyboards "crossover tracks" might be a possible solution.And yes, I did notice some
of the partial backing tracks and those are definitely an asset, I believe!

Well, anyways thanks alot, Jim!! You seem like a real good fella and you definitely know your stuff!
I know this sounds corny, but any friend of Neil Hogan's is a friend of mine.

Thanks Again,

Cori
The following user(s) said Thank You: TVJim

Re: Backing Tracks 7 years, 4 months ago #292

• willem
  • Junior Boarder
Cori,that was a great suggestion..I think those tracks must be litlle as possible,,just piano/keyboard or guitar...I prefer piano..

Willem

Re: Backing Tracks 7 years, 4 months ago #295

• lueders
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanx,Willem!
  • Page: