Join site | Forgot

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Viewing Actual Lessons
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Viewing Actual Lessons

Viewing Actual Lessons 8 years ago #578

• rog857
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jim,
I've been a member of the vocal mastery program for awhile now. I've gone through the beginner and intermediate courses and am now working on the advanced drills. While I think my voice has improved (stronger, better range) I'm still having a hard time measuring my progress. Given the limitations of teaching over the internet vs. in a studio, have you given any thought to showing us actual lessons you've given? The "Fly on the wall" series capped out at 1 or 2 lessons. How about letting us see beginner and intermediate lessons? Perhaps the feedback you give these students can assist us. Or, can you think of another way to measure progress? Doing exercise after exercise is getting a bit old without some sort of feedback on progress.

Thanks,
Rog857
The following user(s) said Thank You: TVJim

Re: Viewing Actual Lessons 8 years ago #579

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
This is very valid and I have considered showing in the fly on the wall series me teaching other students and talking about the progress.

Also, besides that we do have a forum and perhaps you're feeling a little shy about this, but if you would post yourself vocalizing I could comment on that as well.

The exercises in the beginning, intermediate, and advanced course does take you in a very logical order from one place to another in your abilities.

The day will come when these course are completely finished.... I've been very focused on finishing the advanced course and the vibrato course. Because then I can take songs and song breakdowns and keep referring back to the various lessons and techniques.

Don't know if you've looked at some of the song breakdowns but song breakdowns do refer back to lessons.

Again, been a while since I've done any song breakdowns because I've been so focused on finishing these courses.

If you're an active member the cool thing is that you're getting it hot off the iron lesson after lesson. Once I'm done with these I will have more time to develop lessons with students.

I think your request is extremely valid and I will not just throw it aside, I will plan to develop some video clips that do exactly what you're requesting.

But I would like to stay focused on finishing the advanced course and the vibrato course before too many of those types of lessons. so I hope you will hang in there and not get too bored.
Also, I plan to have some very interesting celebrity lessons in the future. Don't want to talk about that too much right now but I know that it will be of great interest lots of fun and lots of knowledge will be shared with those lessons.

So let me recap

I agree with you I will create some beginning and intermediate lessons with students for everybody to watch.

Also suggest to those who are brave enough to videotape Themselves either singing a song and/or practicing exercises so I can respond to what I'm hearing them do. That also would be of great value for all of us on the site. This request is not just for you but for any and all of the members to do the same. I'm not trying to push anybody to do anything that's uncomfortable for them but those that would feel comfortable would really add to valuable opportunities to share information on the site.

It will be directly related to the person who presents the video but will also help everybody else on the site, just like the lessons you have requested with my private students.. if I can get that happening on the forum with students all over the world then I won't just be creating videos in my studio but will be able to respond directly to what ever the particular problems arise with those presentations. That would allow me to be very spontaneous to any particular problem and at the same time help members on the site become better singers.

Thank you for your input and this is what I'm talking about as I received input from everybody it will move the site along with great energy. I have great passion for this and have no problem staying committed to creating content for singing in any and all directions. Definitely want to help and create great singers both in my studio and here on the totallyVocals.

Keeps singing,
TV Jim
Last Edit: 8 years ago by TVJim. Reason: Wanted to add to my comments

Re: Viewing Actual Lessons 8 years ago #582

• rog857
  • Fresh Boarder
Jim, Thanks very much for your reply. I look forward to seeing feedback with your students. Maybe someday when I get the courage I'll send you a video tape.
Cheers!
Rog857
  • Page: