Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Beginning Vocal Course Practice Prescriptions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beginning Vocal Course Practice Prescriptions

Beginning Vocal Course Practice Prescriptions 1 year, 11 months ago #1019

Hi, Jim,
Enjoying your lessons. I have a question regarding the Beginning Vocal Course Practice Prescriptions. I'm trying to match up the mp3 files with the exercises in the lesson plan. For instance I am not sure what is the difference between the Hum 5-Note Pattern with 54321 and the Hum 5-Note Pattern. Seems like they are the same?

Also, how should Lesson 1-4 be completed? Mastery of Lesson 1 before going on to Lesson 2, or consecutive days for each lesson, etc?
Thank you,
Paulette Fiske
The following user(s) said Thank You: TVJim

Re: Beginning Vocal Course Practice Prescriptions 1 year, 10 months ago #1022

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Paulette,

I am happy to hear that you're enjoying the course.

I think when you're looking at the 5 note on patterns the reason why there's 2 of them is because there is one for male voice and one for female voice there is not really any difference except range wise..

That's actually happening throughout the whole course a male version and a female version. If that doesn't answer your question please get back to me and we'll take it from there.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by TVJim. Reason: voice recognition typos

Re: Beginning Vocal Course Practice Prescriptions 1 year, 10 months ago #1023

• TVJim
  • Expert Boarder
Answering your 2nd question about lessons 1 through 4. Give each lesson one or 2 days before moving on to the next just so you can get some flexibility and coordination in your voice. These are exercises that can be done for a long period of time and you should notice as you're doing them over a period of time that your voice is feeling better and better....
  • Page: